Part Time Education Coordinator
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- It is essential for this role that you hold a Level 5 teaching qualification
- Have knowledge of cognitive language and numeracy development
- Experience and skills in assestsment, objective-setting, breaking down of tasks.
- You will be an effective communicator and it would be beneficial if you have experience of supporting people with sensory impairments, learning disabilities and/or complex needs.
- The ability to work with individuals with challenging behaviour and work flexibly in a range of environments is required.
- Showing a positive attitude towards learners with disabilities and an appreciation of this role’s responsibility in keeping them safe is essential.
- The ability to communicate effectively, inter-personally and in writing is required.
- Experience of working with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) learners is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
Reference number: 45999
Title: Part Time Education Coordinator
Salary: £24,044 per annum pro rata
Closing date: Sunday 3 October 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Are you looking for a teaching role that makes a huge impact on peoples lives?
It's an exciting time at Sense as we have just released our new strategy, our Sense Colleges are in demand more than ever and we now have an exciting opportunity for an Education Coordinator to join our amazing Sense College in Dereham.
We are looking for a passionate and creative teacher to work as an Education Coordinator at our Sense College in Dereham. This is a permanent part time role, working 7.5 to 30 hours per week, please let us know how many hours you are looking for and we will do our very best to accomodate. We are able to be flexible for the right candidate
Being a college we are open 45 weeks a years, Monday to Friday 9.15am to 4.15pm. It is essential that we have candidates who can work Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, as these are our main teaching days. If you cannot work all three please still apply as we flexible for the right candidate.
About Sense College
At Sense College, individuals can communicate and express themselves their way. We offer personalised learning for young people with complex disabilities, aged between 16 and 25, tailoring what they do and how they learn to meet their wants and needs.
Individuals are supported to achieve their chosen outcomes through formal study programmes, employment, sport and leisure activities within the local community that are fun, but offer the right level of challenge.
Our education programme is fully inspected by Ofsted. We also have our own Sense Quality Framework to make sure that we support individuals in the best possible way and our Sense Outcomes Framework.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
About the role:
The role of the Education Coordinator will be to take responsibility for the education / training programme of a small group of single or dual sensory impaired adults with additional learning difficulties, and as such duties undertaken will include curricular planning, development of teaching objectives, initial assessments and ongoing reports of deafblind persons’ progress.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines