Education Support Worker
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- GCSE or Equivalent Maths Grade C or above
- Teaching Assistant / Caring / Support Worker experience in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 45976
Title: Education Support Worker
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire
Salary: £9.95 per hour
Hours: 35 & 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 3 October 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be an Education Support Worker?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for an Educational Support Worker at our Bedford College Resource Centre in Bedford.
This is a full time role, working Monday to Friday 9.00 - 16.30. The successful applicant will work with people who have dual or single sensory impairment, learning disability, and associated physical disabilities. The role involves providing a person centred approach to meet communication, information and mobility needs through the development of learning plans to reduce the isolation of people through community involvement and support in a range of activities.
As an Education Support Worker you will support people to be as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be full and active members of society. You will work closely with learners to achieve the long term goals identified in their Individual Learning Plans.
Supporting people with their personal care is a requirement of this role.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines