Relief (Bank) Support Worker
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Your required skills and experiences:
- Caring/Support Worker experience in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 45972
Title: Relief (Bank) Support Worker
Location: Ottery St Mary
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 4 October 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent, Casual
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a support worker to join our services located in the South West.
This is a part time role, working on a relief / bank / casual basis. You will be based out our service in Ottery St Mary. Where we support adults who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loses and learning disabilities. You also have the option to work across our other services in the South West.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
The above/below role is identified as being based in a CQC regulated Care Home.
As of 11th November, all people who work in CQC regulated care homes across England must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a legal requirement and proof of vaccination status must be shown when accepting any role within a care home.
You can access your vaccination status or ‘COVID Pass’ through the NHS App. You need to be registered with a GP in England to use the NHS App. If you’re not registered with a GP, you can still access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website (NHS.UK) or via 119 (select the ‘NHS COVID Pass service’) to request a letter.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation