Waking Night Support Worker
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is beneficial ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 45967
Title: Waking Night Support Worker
Location: West Bromwich, Birmingham
Salary: £17,690 FTE / £9.72 per hour
Hours: 17.5 - 35 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 4 October 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our service in West Bromwich.
This is a permanent role, with contracts available for 17.5 or 35 hours per week.
The service currently has 4 individuals within the house with a potential to grow to 6, and 1 Individual in adjacent flat as this is a 1-1 service
The successful applicant will work variety of shifts during the night supporting the Individuals where necessary as well as completing relevant duties and tasks in line with the service expectations. Shifts are 9.15pm-07.15am 4 days 4 days off on a rolling rota.
Individuals all have learning disabilities with a range of health conditions including Epilepsy. Individuals do not communicate verbally as such will at times be communicative through challenging behaviours.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. Before applying please read the full job description and person specification.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
The above/below role is identified as being based in a CQC regulated Care Home.
As of 11th November, all people who work in CQC regulated care homes across England must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a legal requirement and proof of vaccination status must be shown when accepting any role within a care home.
You can access your vaccination status or ‘COVID Pass’ through the NHS App. You need to be registered with a GP in England to use the NHS App. If you’re not registered with a GP, you can still access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website (NHS.UK) or via 119 (select the ‘NHS COVID Pass service’) to request a letter.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation