Deputy Service Manager
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- A minimum of Level 2 in Maths and English
- Proven experience of supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation.
- A good understanding of Safeguarding.
- A clean licence and own car is essential for the post.
- Experience with writing care plans and has a good understanding of person centred planning and approaches.
- A good understanding of high complex health needs
- Experience with timetabling and rota planning and plan and deliver a range of activities or access to opportunities
- ICT literate
- Managing conflict, performance and grievance issues
- Keeping up to date records and report writing
- Experience or working with internal and external frameworks
- Experience of providing support and personal care
Reference number: 45662
Title: Deputy Service Manager
Location: Dereham, Norfolk
Salary: £24,044 per annum
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 8 August 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Sense is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and well organised Deputy Manager to join our team at Sense College Sense Centre Dereham.
This is a permanent, full time position, working 37.5 hours per week across 45 weeks of the year, Monday – Friday between 9 – 5pm.
Our College provides a high-quality service to individuals who are on either an Education or adult social care placement. At present we deliver bespoke person centered timetables to 30 people aged 16+ who have a range of sensory impairments and or additional learning difficulties.
As the Deputy Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the adult social care provision, this involves working with the staff team to deliver a range of activities both within the centre and in the community these include; Swimming, Sensory activities, Arts and Crafts, Rebound Therapy and Music.
You will work with the Education Services Manager to ensure that the training, development and management of staff effectively reflects the needs of the service and ensuring at all times that the service is compliant with its statutory requirements.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
If you are bursting with passion and enthusiasm for your work, we want to hear from you……
To find out more about the fantastic work we do and why you should get involved, please visit our website.
The successful candidate will meet the following essential criteria;
Sense is a national disability charity that supports people with complex communication needs to be understood, connected and valued.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines