- Responding to individuals interested in volunteering at Sense.
- Administering the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Administering processes that support a good, quality volunteer experience.
- Ensuring that our volunteer data is up to date and accurate.
- Championing Sense Volunteering; communicating with enthusiasm and positivity about the involvement of volunteers in our work.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an administrative role.
- Experience providing administrative support to volunteer and/or staff recruitment processes.
- Positive about the important contribution volunteers make to an organisation and an understanding of the needs of volunteers.
- Able to build effective working relationships with various stakeholders and provide excellent customer service.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise and manage a busy workload
Reference number: 45494
Title: Volunteering Administrator
Salary: £18,400 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Closing date: Sunday 27 June 2021
Interview date: Monday 12 July 2021
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Sense has a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our Volunteering team as a Volunteering Administrator. This full time role will work flexibly from home and our offices in Selly Oak, Birmingham.
Sense Volunteering is about bringing people together to make a big difference to individuals, to groups, and to the wider community. Volunteers support Sense in a variety of different ways, and play a key role in supporting the delivery of our strategy.
It is important to us to ensure that all volunteers have a great experience, from point of initial enquiry about becoming a volunteer, during their time with us, and when they move on from Sense. Working alongside the teams who involve volunteers, the Volunteering Administrator will provide high quality support to administer our volunteer programme to provide a consistent, quality volunteer experience, contributing towards the successful involvement of volunteers across Sense. This will include:
Key skills and experience
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve. We encourage applications of those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds as well as women, trans and non-binary people, and those with different accessibility needs.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines