Waking Nights Support Worker
- As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose in a supported living setting
- You will support individuals and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves and to develop independent living and life skills
- You will be supporting a man in his own home in Sutton Coldfield.
- He needs time to get to know staff, so for the first few weeks there is an expectation that you shadow some day shifts while he gets to know you, and you him, before moving on to the night shift.
Reference number: 45489
Title: Waking Nights Support Worker
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Salary: £9.72 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 5 July 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 13 July 2021
Contract type: Permanent
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense has a great opportunity to join our team as a Waking Nights Support Worker based in Sutton Coldfield. This is a permanent role working 35 hours per week.
About the role…
In return you will receive…
• £9.72 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• An awareness of multi-sensory and complex needs
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and include weekends, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines