Reference number: 45487
Title: Support Worker
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 11 July 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense is looking to recruit a great new Support Worker to join our team in Stevenage. This is a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week. Sense is passionate about supporting adults with complex needs, including sensory losses and learning disabilities. Our main priority for this job role is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own!
**Due to location a driver would be preferable for this role**
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose in a residential setting
• You will support individuals and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves and to develop independent living and life skills
• Supporting people on trips to locations such as swimming pools, parks and shopping centres
• You will be flexible and prepared to work weekend, early, afternoon and bank holiday shifts - rota's will always be provided in advance
In return we will offer you…
• £9.22 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• An awareness of multi-sensory and complex needs
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends and evenings, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment team as above.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines