Community Support Worker
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- For Genuine occupational reasons we are seeking a female applicant for this post.
- This role requires you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle. - Milage paid at 40p per mile.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so is required for some roles.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
- Additional documentation is attached to explain further the requirements for each post
Reference number: 45477
Title: Community Support Worker
Location: Erdington, Birmingham
Salary: £9.26 per hour
Hours: 7 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 28 June 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 6 July 2021
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a community support worker to join our services in Birmingham.
In this particular post in Erdington, you will provide an individual with support, 7 hours weekly, ideally on a Monday and Wednesday (howeve this can be discussed). You will aid in the home and with access to the community, to attend medical appointments, support with food shopping, general support around the home. The individual you will support also enjoys card making, shopping, going out for cups of tea and cake, and is an animal lover, especially big dogs.
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying, please note the internal job title for this post is 'Communicator Guide'.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation