Activities Team Leader / Coordinator
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To organise and co-ordinate a wide range of activities and events.
- To create a comprehensive timetable of activities to be shared with residents and staff.
- To enable Residents to participate in the programme through the identification and sourcing of equipment, aids and resources.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 45472
Title: Activities Team Leader / Coordinator
Location: Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
Salary: £19,903 per annum FTE
Hours: 24 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 22 June 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be an Activities Team Leader / Coordinator?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a Activities Team Leader / Coordinator to join our service located in Carrickfergus.
This is a permanent post working 24 hours per week. You will be based at our service in Carrickfergus. Where we accommodate 10 individuals who have a variety of physical, social, emotional, communication and sensory needs and varying levels of independence.
You will plan, co-ordinate, lead and participate in activities with individuals we support, to reflect their needs and available resources.Inform, guide and support staff to carry out the agreed programme of activities
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines