Support Worker - Waking nights
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so is required for some roles.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
- Additional documentation is attached to explain further the requirements for each post
Reference number: 45469
Title: Support Worker - Waking nights
Location: Dunmurry, Northern Ireland
Salary: £9.72 per hour
Hours: Up to 36 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 22 June 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent, Casual
Could you be a Sense Waking Night Support Worker?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a Waking Night Support Worker to join us at our service in Dunmurry.
This is a permanent post with contracts available from 23-36 hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. Supporting six adults with complex disabilities, including autism and mental health needs. You are not lone working, you will be with a team of up to five support workers through the night.
As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose: to make choices, to express themselves and live as independently as possible.
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying, please note the internal job title for this post is 'Intervenor'.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines