Registered Care Manager
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access/ holidays / day trips.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- The role requires you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience in a social care line management position
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care - or willing to work towards it
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 45452
Title: Registered Care Manager
Location: Edgbaston, Birmingham
Salary: £29,045 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Closing date: Sunday 27 June 2021
Interview date: Thursday 8 July 2021
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be our new Registered Care Manager?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a Registered Care Manager to join our service in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
This is a permanent post working 37.5 hours per week.
This is a residential service that supports 7 adults who are deafblind and have complex needs aged 18-65. You will have the support of a team of support workers and 2 deputies. The role requires hands on support and personal care for male and females at times. The applicant we are looking for needs to be enthusiastic, active, of an outgoing nature, organised, proactive and want to support people to lead full and active lives in line with their life aspirations. Previous managerial experience of a residential service is preferred. We want the applicants to want to strive for best for the people we support. The working week is 5 out of 7 including weekends you may also be required to do sleep ins as part of your role.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying, please note the internal job title for this post is 'Communicator Guide'.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines