Community Support Worker
- Chorleywood -3hrs per week
- Watford - 2hrs per week
- Watford - 3hrs per week
- Stevenage -4hrs per week
- Hitchin -2hrs per week
- Letchworth Garden City -4hrs per week
- Broxbourne -4hrs per week
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- All roles require you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so is required for some roles.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
- Additional documentation is attached to explain further the requirements for each post
Reference number: 45437
Title: Community Support Worker
Salary: £10.29 per hour
Hours: 4 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 30 June 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a support worker to join our services in Hertfordshire.
This is a unique post working up to 32 hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. You will be working in the community across Hertfordshire with individuals with a range of differing needs and or requirements, individuals may need support during office hours in the week or ad hoc support on weekends. Support visits can be from 2 hrs to 5hrs per visit or a number of visit per week.
This particular role is based in Broxbourne, 4 hours per week, Supporting an individual who would like to access the community each week, they would like support to go for walks, go clothes shopping and also be supported so they can take their daughter out for the day during school holidays. this person communicates unsing British Sign Language (BSL) – also a very active and energetic person who is into their fitness.
Below are the locations and hours we are looking for, one or more may be suitable for you to undertake, we will discuss this with you:
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying, please note the internal job title for this post is 'Communicator Guide'.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation