Educational Support Worker
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- supporting the Children’s Hub Manager in the delivery of our Holiday Short Breaks provision.
- Supporting and overseeing staff and taking the lead in the delivery of the scheme.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Teaching Assistant / Caring / Support Worker experience in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 45374
Title: Educational Support Worker
Salary: £10.51 per hour
Hours: From 15 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 30 June 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent, Fixed Term
Could you be an Educational Support Worker?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for an Educational Support Worker in Bristol.
This is a part time role, the working pattern can be agreed with the successful applicant, but will most likely consist of 2 or 3 days working 7.5 hours per day term time only, the hours are dictated by the schooling plan in place for individual you support. This is a fixed term contract until 31st July 2023. There is an option for you to support our school holiday club outside of term time. You will work using a variety of community settings as a classroom. The main purpose of your role is to support one child to be as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be full and active members of society. You will work closely with the individual, teachers and family to achieve the outcomes identified in their Education, Health and Care Plan..
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines