Part Time Support Worker (Sense Centre)
Reference number: 45288
Title: Part Time Support Worker (Sense Centre)
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: 16 - 24 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 30 May 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Sense is looking for a Support Worker to join our professional team at our service in Rotherham. We have permanent, part time positions available working 16 - 24 hours per week. Please let us know what hours would suit you best.
Sense Centre Rotherham is a day service supporting individuals with a wide range of complex needs to access positive and enriching activities. The ethos of the centre is around lifelong learning and development. The centre is currently open Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm, however we are expecting this to change so candidates must also be available to work evenings and weekends. The centre has set closure periods throughout the year during which staff are expected to take the majority of their annual leave, details of these dates are available on request.
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose while visiting the centre
• You will support individuals and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves and to develop independent living and life skills
• Supporting people on trips to locations such as swimming pools, parks and shopping centres as well as with the activities arranged at the centre.
• You will be flexible and prepared to work weekend, early, afternoon and bank holiday shifts - rota's will always be provided in advance
In return we will offer you…
• £9.22 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• An awareness of multi-sensory and complex needs
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends and evenings, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment team as above.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines