Head of Strategy
- Developing a programme approach to strategy implementation that will support and embed cultural change, building on previous work and partnering with internal stakeholders.
- Working with our existing project leads and the wider leadership group to promote a consistent approach to project management.
- Reviewing our approach to data as an organisation, ensuring evidence-based planning is at the core of our work.
- Experience of designing and delivering projects in a large, multi-site, complex organisation.
- Report writing and presentation skills to inform and influence key stakeholders.
- Practical understanding of and experience in project management tools including Prince2, Agile, and Trello
- Strong interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with senior managers, project leads, and the wider organisation.
Reference number: 45280
Title: Head of Strategy
Location: London or Birmingham
Salary: Circa £55,000 per annum (plus £3,090 London allowance if applicable)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Closing date: Sunday 23 May 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent, Fixed Term
About the role
Sense has a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us, as the Head of Strategy. This full time role is initially offered on a fixed term contract for one year, with the possibility of extension after review. This role can be homeworking, or based at our offices in King’s Cross, London, or Birmingham post pandemic.
Sense has recently launched it's 2021-25 strategy and this new post will support Group Director of Engagement & Trading, the Chief Executive, and the Executive team in the delivery of our ambitious objectives. This will include:
Key skills and experience
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines