- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You do not need experience to apply for this post, we will provide you with all of the training you require.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 45275
Title: Support Worker
Location: Barnet, London
Salary: £21,069 Pro Rata inclusive of allowance
Hours: 30 - 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 16 May 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exiting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for Support Workers to join our TouchBase South East centre in Barnet.
This is a permanent role, with contracts from 30 - 37.5 hours per week.
Touch Base South East is a purpose built centre which is the base for a huge variety of social activities and education based sessions, it is located within the heart of the local community and is a short walk from the local high street and its public transport network.
Sessions at the centre are tailor-made to suit individual or group needs. This means that you could be supporting somebody out on a day trip one day and in the hydrotherapy pool the next. Other activities on offer to the people we support in Barnet include IT, basic literacy and numeracy, gardening, cooking, music activities, communication practice, work placements in local businesses, art activities, sensory environments and to access facilities in the local community..
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. Before applying please read the full job description and person specification.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines