Supporter Retention and Development Manager
- Managing direct marketing activities including mail, RGPSMS and telemarketing, and our appeal, newsletter, and raffle programmes.
- Reviewing and interpreting research and data, monitoring KPIs, and reporting on activity.
- Collaborating with other Engagement teams and the wider organisation to deliver fully integrated supporter engagement activities.
- Line managing one direct report.
- Extensive experience of direct marketing techniques to maximise income.
- Ability to devise and implement a fundraising strategy and operational plan.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to manage relationships with agencies and suppliers and negotiate maximum value for Sense.
- High level of IT literacy, including the full Microsoft Office suite and fundraising software, ideally Raiser’s Edge
Reference number: 45272
Title: Supporter Retention and Development Manager
Location: King's Cross, London
Salary: Circa £35,800 per annum (Inc. London allowance)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Closing date: Wednesday 12 May 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Fixed Term
About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our successful Engagement team as our Supporter Retention and Development Manager. This full time position will initially be homeworking, but will be based at our head office in King’s Cross, London, post pandemic. This is a fixed term, maternity cover contract for 9 months.
Our Supporter Retention and Development Manager will lead on the development and implementation of the supporter retention strategy, inspiring and motivating people to continue connecting and contributing to our work. Sense has had a very successful year, with our supporter base growing by a third, and this role will be at the front of driving and maintaining that growth. Responsibilities will include:
Key skills and experience
For a full job description and person specification please see the link below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines