Activity Play Coordinator - Weekends
Reference number: 45261
Title: Activity Play Coordinator - Weekends
Salary: £9.26 per hour
Hours: 5+ hours per week
Closing date: Friday 21 May 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent, Temporary, Fixed Term
Could you be a Sense Activity Play Coordinator?
Sense are seeking an Activity Play Coordinator to work with us at our specialist Day Centre in Bristol, supporting children and young adults with a range of hearing and / or sight needs who may also have complex needs and learning disabilities.
You will be working 5 hours per week, at our Saturday club. There is also an option to add more hours by joining our Thursday club 5-7pm (2 hours per week), Intervenor services (2+ hours per week) or our holiday club (to be confirmed).
This is a fixed term contract until March 2022, with the potential to extended further.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
• 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
• Free DBS Check
• Free training including the Care Certificate
• Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
• On-going development opportunities
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Employee referral scheme
• Health and well-being support
• Pension Scheme
• Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
• Facilitating children’s & young people’s play, learning and communication via the provision of safe, stimulating and fun activities.
• Contributing to the planning, development and implementation of person centred activity programmes and play opportunities which will be co-designed with children, young people and their families.
• Supporting children & young people to take part in enjoyable, satisfying and purposeful activities, access their communities, learn new skills, health and well-being.
• Supporting children & young people with their personal care, if they need this.
Your required skills and experiences:
• Experience of working with children & young people with disabilities. This can be in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
• Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols
• Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting
• Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
For a full job description, person specification and to apply please us the links below.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
To learn more about Sense and the work we do please take a look at the video below.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines