Education Support Worker
Reference number: 45226
Title: Education Support Worker
Location: Knapwell, Cambridge
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 23 May 2021
Interview date: To Be Confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense has a great opportunity for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as an Education Support Workers at our Sense Centre in Knapwell. This is a permanent post working 35 hours per week. The College day starts at 9.15 am and ends at 4.15pm, Monday to Friday.
Sense Centre Knapwell is located in Knapwell village, approximately 10 miles outside of Cambridge. We are not covered by a public transport route, so it essential that applicants have alternative means of travel. In line with our commitment to support people in the most flexible and person centred way we can, you may sometimes be asked to work in different services or settings.
About the role…
• As an Education Support Worker you will be working with young adults with complex communication needs and associated learning difficulties and physical disabilities
• You will provide support to enable learners to achieve long term goals identified in Individual Learning Plans
• In line with our commitment to support people in the most flexible and person centred way we can, you may sometimes be asked to work in different services or settings
In return we will offer you…
• Competitive salary
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive paid induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Team working skills
• An awareness of multi sensory and complex needs
• Flexible approach to situations
• Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Ability to undertake flexible working hours
• Have the means to reach our centre in Knapwell Village
**A grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) is also required**
About Sense Centre Knapwell…
We have a broad range of activities and encourage the Deafblind people we support to get out into the community and take part in it! Some of the things we do include: Educational courses, Vocational activities, Work placements, Lifeskills programmes, Sensory awareness, Therapies. We are passionate about improving the lives of the learners and are involved in local and national initiatives to support disability awareness.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines