Education Service Manager
- As Education Service Manager you will work with the Education Coordinator to effectively manage, plan and implement quality education, learning and care provision for learners with sensory loss/impairment and additional learning difficulties
- You will work with the Education Coordinator in demonstrating sound leadership skills to specialist staff in achieving high standards of education provision that fulfils organisational and Ofsted statutory guidance
- You will support the centre staff in participating fully in the development of Sense College education, learning and care provision that meets the needs and requirements of learners and external funding authorities
- Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
- The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
- Group Personal Pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Enhanced disclosure cost covered
- Level 4 or above teaching qualification or willingness to enrol for one within the first 12 months of being in post
- Relevant degree or higher level qualification
- Proven experience within an education management role
- Experience of working with learners with disabilities
- Knowledge of keeping children safe in education
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer literate and confident with all Microsoft packages
- Able to work flexibly and be self motivated
Reference number: 45181
Title: Education Service Manager
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire
Salary: £33,436 per annum (Inc Education Allowance)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 30 April 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated manager to lead our team at our Sense College in Bedford.
We are looking for an experienced manager to fill the role of Education Service Manager. You will hold a relevant teaching qualification and have experience of working in the field of specialist education.
You will effectively manage a team to deliver high quality services - that meet organisational and regulatory standards - for people attending our education and day opportunities provision.
To be successful in this role you will have a sound knowledge of person centred planning, rota planning and budget management. You will need to demonstrate proven experience of supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation.
In return we offer a competitive rewards package; supportive and appreciative colleagues, and the chance to further develop your management skills whilst working for a forward looking national disability charity.
About the role…
In return we will offer you…
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment team as above.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines