Deputy Manager - Education support
Reference number: 44777
Title: Deputy Manager - Education support
Salary: £21,400 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 4 December 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Fixed Term
Can you help to lead our unique new service in Bristol?
About the role…
This is a great time to join Sense and our Team in Bristol.
As the Deputy manager you will be supporting a unique new service where we are supporting one child with their educational needs across lots of venues and working alongside different therapists. You will be supported by a manager and put into practice a plan developed by their teacher as part of a team around the child. You will also support the child at home with the family and manage a small team to do so across 365 days a year 24 hours a day.
Your week would normally be split - 30 hours a week management & 7.5 hours working shift work alongside the family with the individual.
This is an exciting role that will challenge any skilled Deputy with no 2 days being the same, the rewards will be plentiful as each person and their support team progress.
Key skills and experience…
- Willing to work towards British Sign Language level one or comparable sign vocabulary
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or Level 3 Award in Education & Training and Learning in schools or a Relevant professional teaching qualification.
- You will also need to be an advocate for our values and behaviours - Listed in the Job specification.
In return we will offer you…
- The chance to develop your career within a very supportive environment; we offer regular manager meetings, quarterly management meetings where we learn about what others are doing, we are keen to ensure our communication is open and transparent.
- Salary of £21,400 per annum.
- Bespoke, rewarding career pathways.
- The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
- Group Personal Pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Plus many, many more including Blue light card and extensive discount scheme.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
For more information on what we provide, please visit https://www.sense.org.uk
As part of your application we will ask you to write or attach a supporting statement, please take the time to complete this thoroughly. Please utilise the attached job/person specification to ensure you meet the requirements of the role. We want to ensure you have the best opportunity to fully demonstrate your suitability for the post, and ensure we are able to continuously deliver the best possible service at this this service.
Interviews will be held on 11/12/2020 you will be informed if you have been shortlisted to interview. The interview will be held as a formal video based panel interview. As part of your interview you will may asked to complete a task and answer questions.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the Recruitment Team via email@example.com and we will call you back.
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanved DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines