Community Support Worker
- We would like to hear from you if you have experience of working with vulnerable people, and ideally have experience of working with people with a sensory impairment.
- A willingness to develop your skills in all communication methods is an essential part of this role. You will need to be able to creatively solve problems that may arise using a person-centred approach and ideally have experience of using person-centred planning tools
- The ability to use BSL is an essential part of the role.
- This role does not include any personal care.
- A full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
- You must be able to work flexible hours to suit the service requirements and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
Reference number: 44748
Title: Community Support Worker
Location: Bridgend, Wales
Salary: £9.08 per hour
Hours: 3 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 29 November 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Casual
About the role
Sense are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our professional team as a Community Support Worker (Communicator Guide) in Bridgend. This is a casual role working up to 3 hours per week in a community setting.
This is an extremely rewarding position in a well established area, working mainly with clients with age related sensory impairment as well as clients within the Deaf community. The role can include assisting clients with shopping, assisting with correspondance as well as accompining clients within the community to attend social events. Often multi sensory impairments are an isolation disablitlity and 'chatting' with a client can make a huge difference to an individuals mental heatlh and wellbeing.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines