Relief Support Worker
Reference number: 44713
Title: Relief Support Worker
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Closing date: Sunday 15 November 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Casual
Our teams change people’s lives – could you?
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Relief Support Worker based in Accrington. Our casual arrangements are very flexible and can fit around your life. We are looking for people with a wide range of availability and have shifts available during daytimes, night times, evenings and weekends.
About the role…
• As a Relief Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose
• You will support individuals and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves and to develop independent living and life skills
• You might be helping people with cooking a meal, doing the weekly shop, personal care or visiting a local café
• You will also support people to take part in some of our amazing arts and wellbeing activities – from dance to music making, swimming to rock climbing
In return we will offer you…
• £8.72 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• An awareness of multi-sensory and complex needs
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends and evenings, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly
• NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care / Caring for Children and young people
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines