Social Care Team Leader - Fixed Term
Reference number: 44699
Title: Social Care Team Leader - Fixed Term
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 16 November 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Fixed Term
Could you make the difference to someone’s life? Do you share our values?
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a support worker in Trowbridge. This is a Fixed term contract for 12 months, working 37.5 hours per week. You will be responsible for supervising and mentoring members of the team, working within a budget, supporting manager with rota and short notice cover.
We will offer you…
• £9.75 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Share our values - We include, We collaborate, We find a way, We challenge, We celebrate
• Champion our ‘I’ statements - I will listen to others, I will understand and respond, I will respect others, I will be honest and open, I will participate and contribute, I will take informed risk, I will find things to celebrate, No decision about me, without me
• UK Driving Licence and use of own vehicle
• British Sign Language Level 1 or basic Makaton
• Experience of working with people with sensory impairment, dual sensory impairment or people using a range of communication methods.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on 0121 415 6753 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines