Waking Nights Support Worker
Reference number: 44661
Title: Waking Nights Support Worker
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week
Closing date: Saturday 31 October 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent, Casual
Are you upbeat and enthusiastic? can you brighten someone's day?
Sense are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Waking Nights Support Worker based in Trowbridge. This is a permanent contract working 30 hours per week.
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose in a residential setting
• You will help maintain the homely atmosphere, which is enjoyed by all that live there.
• Supporting people on trips to locations such as swimming pools, parks and shopping centres.
In return we will offer you…
• £9.50 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends and evenings, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly
• A good sense of humour, enthusiastic, upbeat and able to self motivate.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a candidate who is disabled and require a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation