Deputy Manager - Day Service
Reference number: 44631
Title: Deputy Manager - Day Service
Location: Barnet, London
Salary: £12.26 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Thursday 22 October 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you create a variety of Social activities and education based sessions?
We are looking for a motivated Deputy Care Manager to join our dedicated management team at the TouchBase South East Centre, this is a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week with an hourly rate of £12.26.
About the role…
TouchBase South East is a purpose built centre which is the base for a huge variety of Social activities and education based sessions, it is located within the heart of the local community and is a short walk from our allotment plot and the local high street. We support adults over eighteen who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loss and learning disabilities. Sessions can also be tailor-made to suit individual or group needs.
We are currently looking for a reliable and motivated person with excellent interpersonal skills to join our day service management team at TouchBase South East, who has strong skills in management and supervision of large staff teams. You will be working with the day service manager and fellow deputy managers to coordinate the smooth running of the service each day, liaising with families, responding to emails and enquiries and managing your workload. You will have experience of supporting people with sensory impairments, as well as experience of working with people with learning disabilities and complex needs. Ideally you will be BSL level one trained and to enhance your BSL skills we also provide extensive training in this area.
We are looking for the post holder to be dynamic and forward thinking, with a passion for mentoring staff in their development, and a strong emphasis on devising and implementing programs for people who attend the service to achieve. You will share the values and focus of the organisation, and support the management team to implement strategies and programs which meet these values.
In return we will offer you…
• £12.26 per hour inclusive of London Weighting
• Extensive employee discount scheme
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Plus many more
• Experience of working with people with disabilities in a teaching and learning environment, implementing activity plans
• Experience of working with people with sensory impairments or learning disabilities with complex needs
• Awareness of the role of communication in life
• BSL level 1 or the willingness to develop BSL skills
• Supervisory experience within the care sector
• An interest in arts and crafts or physical activities
• An interest in building links with the local community and businesses
• The ability to assess progress against a set of agreed criteria
• The ability to produce clear, logical written documents
• The ability to express ideas clearly in small group meetings
• Experience of working as part of a mutually supportive team
• Experience of working in partnership with service users, parents, carers and external organisations and agencies
• Good problem solving skills
• A positive attitude towards work colleagues and service users
• Ability to employ safe moving and handling procedures
• The ability to use IT programmes including; Word, Outlook and Excel
• Flexibility to work evening, weekend and take part in the on- call rota if and when required
• The ability to travel across the South East of England and the UK
• experience of writing and developing activity plans for people with sensory impairments and learning disabilities and complex needs.
• A recognised qualification: Diploma in Deafblind Studies, RMNH, a qualification in Multi Sensory Impairment from the University of Birmingham or Whitefield’s.
• Knowledge and understanding of a range of different communication systems
• BSL Level 2 or above
• Administration of medication qualification
• First Aid qualification
• Direct line management experience of a large team within the care sector
• Experience and knowledge of building community links
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment on email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying. Please note the role may close prior to the date shown.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team as above.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation