Operations Manager - Social Care
- Succesful track record at senior management level in the sector
- Experience within an Ofsted/CQC role
- Experience of building, motivating and leading staff teams
- A record of developing and delivering services
- Able to demonstrate a record of ensuring processes are in plance that safeguard vulnerable people and deliver excellent quality standards
- Passionate about delivering high-quality person-centred services
- Sound knowledge of person centred planning, rota planning, staff management/development and budget management
- Relish the opportunity to lead a team of Registered Managers who work hard to endure that the people we support are enabled to live the lives they choose.
- A full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle
Reference number: 44603
Title: Operations Manager - Social Care
Location: Barnet & Brent
Salary: Circa £43,200 per annum, (Inc. London Allowance)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 30 September 2020
Interview date: Week Commencing 12/10/2020
Contract type: Permanent
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on people’s lives?
Sense is looking for a dynamic and solution focused Operations Manager to lead a diverse range of services which provide person-centred support to people who have complex support needs, including people with sensory impairments, autism and learning disabilities.
This role is to cover London and the Home Counties, occasionally supporting across all of our South Region services where necessary. You will contribute to the growth of Sense's Operational Service across the South working as part of an exceptional team.
About the role
• This role will cover Supported Living, Residential, and Day and Community Support
• The services in are diverse and cover a wide geographic area. The successful applicant will be flexible, able to travel, a good role model, have good leadership qualities and able to listen to the people we support - we work in a co-production model and so the views of families and significant others are important to us.
• This role will challenge, excite and never be dull with all complexities of working for a vibrant values based organisation, but it will be truly rewarding for the right person.
In return we will offer you
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
Skills and Experience Required:
• Understanding of a large charitable organisation
• Experience of leading and managing strategic and operational change
• Experience in contributing to writing successful grant proposals and bids
• Demonstrable experience of effective business planning and delivery of services
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important that you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
The interview will be panel based and we will ask you questions based around your previous experience and the role you have applied for. We will be holding interviews as suitable applications are received, so the role may close before the advertised date.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
No agency submissions without prior authorisation from Sense, any applications submitted will be treated as our own, as such no fee will be payable. If you have applied for this position in the last three months your application will not be considered.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines