Team Leader - Social Care
Reference number: 44585
Title: Team Leader - Social Care
Location: Dereham, Norfolk
Salary: From £9.75 per hour
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 4 October 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications received
Contract type: Permanent
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense has a great opportunity for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Team leader to work in our Supported Living in Dereham and our Toftwood projects. This is a permanent role working 30 hours per week.
We are looking for a motivational and supportive Team Leader, who will support not only a team of support workers but also assist the Manager/Deputy Manager and to provide leadership for the people in Supported Living in the absence of the manager/deputy manager. This will include working on the duty rota; working on shift assisting with people’s personal care, their dietary requirements, shopping and social activities.
Leadership experience is desirable and an ability to take part in a wide range of leisure and recreational activities as well as holding a current and clean driving licence.
Flexibility is needed as working times do vary and will include bank holidays, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
About the role…
• As a Team Leader you will support staff to enable people to live the life they choose
• You will support individuals and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves, live as independently as possible and run their own lives as much as possible
• Supporting people to take part in some of our amazing arts and wellbeing activities, ensuring no one is left out of life.
In return we will offer you…
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Flexible approach to situations
• Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Able to work 30 hours per week
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends, evenings and sleep ins, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on 0121 415 6753 or via email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
Please note we will be reviewing and interviewing as suitable applications are recieved, so the advert may close sooner than the listed date.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines