Reference number: 44583
Title: Support Worker
Location: Dereham, Norfolk
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Hours: 33 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 4 October 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Our teams change people’s lives – could you?
Sense has fantastic opportunities for reliable and committed individuals to join our team as Support Workers based in Dereham. We currently have openings for part time permanent contracts, 33 hours per week.
You would be supporting our residents at either of our supported living sites in Dereham. You will be required to provide personal care. Our residents are active and enjoy walking, swimming, bowling and tending to the garen. They are also supported on activity holidays.
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose in a residential setting
• You will support individuals and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves and to develop independent living and life skills
• Supporting people on trips to locations such as swimming pools, parks and shopping centres
In return we will offer you…
• £9.00 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
Experience is not required for these roles as we are able to support you and provide you with an excellent induction training program. However, it is really important that you are able to demonstrate the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives.
Flexibility is needed as working times do vary and will include bank holidays, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
• An awareness of multi-sensory and complex needs
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends and evenings, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly
• BSL skills
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment team as above.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines