Community Support Worker
- Daily 2 mile walks
- Preparing and cooking healthy meals
- Making and answering phone calls
- Relaying information from phone calls and face to face interactions with people
- Completing paperwork
- Accessing things on the computer.
- going to the gym
- keep fit sessions
- Discussing local/national news.
- Attending various appointments
- Ensuring a safe environment
- Making and answering telephone calls
- Going for odd days/evenings out.
- To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with the individuals support plan.
- To enable individuals we support to influence their services and the way they are supported.
- To Listen to individuals and act on what is important to them.
- To use information to contribute to developing person-centred plans.
- To provide opportunities for the individual to make choices and decisions.
- To support the individual to take part in the running of their own home.
- To support people to speak up for themselves, and/or advocate on their behalf.
- To listen and respond to the individual’s needs.
- To promote and support people to take part in enjoyable, satisfying and purposeful activities
- To support the individual to access the community, learn new skills and maximise independence.
- To support the individual with health and well-being appointments, provide practical support with everyday tasks such as shopping, dealing with mail, attending medical appointments, accessing a variety of computer applications such as What’s App and support with assistive technology to improve/ maintain independence within the home and community.
- You may be required to work on evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Reference number: 44561
Title: Community Support Worker
Salary: £10.01 per hour
Hours: post 1-12 Hours, Post 2 -11 Hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 20 September 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you help someone to engage with the world around them and to reach their goals?
Sense has a great opportunity for caring, sociable and dedicated individual to join our team as a Community Support Worker in Liverpool. There are two positions available working 12 and 11 hours hours per week (specific shift pattern to be discussed at interview).
Statement from the Service User
I am a very independent person, I have Usher's Syndrome, am registered Deaf/Blind, and wear both a Cochlear implant and a hearing aid. My main sight problems are tunnel vision and little definition. I communicate verbally. I enjoyed a varied working career, I have a fun and mischievous personality and my main interests are daily 2 mile daily walks, going to the gym, yoga, keep fit sessions, knitting, listening to talking books and discussing local/national As well as having clear speech and being computer literate, support staff will also assist me to cook healthy meals, shop, complete paperwork, attend various appointments, ensure all areas are free from trip hazards, make and answer telephone calls, relay all information from phone calls and face-to-face interactions with people, go for odd days/evenings out, and various others duties as required.
About the role;
Support is required with;
The purpose of the role is to provide a high quality, reliable support service, personalised to suit the individual.To promote independence, choice and enhance inclusion within the community.
What we need from you…
The passion and drive to make a real difference to someone’s life. We do not require you to be an experienced support worker to join Sense, however we do ask that you embrace our beliefs, values and 'I' statements, all of which can be found on our website.
Having a valid UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle would be beneficial.
In return we will offer you…
• £10.01 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Extensive employee discount scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team as above.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines