Registered Care Manager - Supported Living
- You will need proven heath and social care management experience to lead your team to support each person to be the best that they can be, ensuring that teams are trained, skilled, knowledgeable and supported through delelopment.
- You will need a strong background and knowledge for multi-disciplinary working, CQC registered services, positive behaviour support, safeguarding, monitoring outcomes, service development, quality assurance, inducting and supervising teams, open and transparent in your approach while providing high quality support to the young people, their circles of support and involved professionals.
- The chance to develop your career within a very supportive environment; we offer regular manager meetings, quarterly management meetings where we learn about what others are doing, we are keen to ensure our communication is open and transparent.
- Salary of £31,575 per annum.
- Bespoke, rewarding career pathways.
- The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
- Group Personal Pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Plus many, many more.
Reference number: 44506
Title: Registered Care Manager - Supported Living
Salary: £31,575 Per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 30 September 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications received
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have an ‘I want the best’ approach? Can you see possibilities and solutions?
About the role…
This is a great time to join Sense following the launch our new strategy, this role will play a key part in supporting our growth in the South West.
As the Registered Care Manager (RCM) for the Bristol Supported living services you will have oversight of 2 services based in BS7 and BS10, supporting 10 young people in total, aged 18-25 who have a learning disability with behaviours that may challenge.
1 service is for 2 in a shared home the 2nd is a purpose built building with 8 individual flats. You will need to support the deputy managers and a team of support workers. You will find yourself prioritising where you are needed on a daily and in some cases hour by hour basis, you need to be creative, flexible and have the ability to think outside the box.
This is an exciting role that will challenge any skilled RCM with no 2 days being the same, the rewards will be plentiful as each young person and their team progress. You need to have experience in supporting young people to achieve their goals and aspirations as well as their funded outcomes.
Key skills and experience…
In return we will offer you…
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
For more information on what we provide, please visit https://www.sense.org.uk
As part of your application we will ask you to write or attach a supporting statement, please take the time to complete this thoroughly. Please utilise the attached 1-page profile to ensure you meet the requirements of the role. We want to ensure you have the best opportunity to fully demonstrate your suitability for the post, and ensure we are able to continuously deliver the best possible service at this this flagship service.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the Recruitment Team via email@example.com and we will call you back.
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation