Female Support Worker
Reference number: 44419
Title: Female Support Worker
Location: Seaton, Devon
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 31 July 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Do you like walks along the beach? Could you support someone to enjoy it as much as you do?
Sense has a great opportunity for committed individuals to join our team as Support Workers in Seaton, Devon. There are permanent roles working upto 37.5 hours per week. We do have part time and relief / Bank roles available if you cannot commit to 37.5 hours.
*For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
About the role at Seaton…
• We are an experienced and friendly team, supporting people, in a Victorian house, on the Jurassic Coast, in the small seaside town of Seaton in Devon.
• The service supports six people, between the ages of 33 and 60, all with learning disabilities, varying levels of visual and/or hearing impairment, communication difficulties and other health conditions.
• Individuals are supported with all aspects of their daily living, including personal care, eating and drinking, moving around and accessing in-house activities and the local community facilities.
• We have a great relationship with our community and supported Individuals have access to, and use many local facilities, including the library, shops, pubs and cafes where people are friendly and welcoming.
• Activities include seafront walks, park visits, personal shopping, drinks and meals out, swimming and bowling
• We also have amazing facilities in the house, including a sensory shower, sensory room and an activity room on the third floor.
In return we will offer you…
• £9.00 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• Extensive employee discount card.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and will include weekends, evenings and sleep ins, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
• Valid UK driving Licence
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation