Registered Manager - South West Community Services
Reference number: 44397
Title: Registered Manager - South West Community Services
Salary: £26,125 pa
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 5 July 2020
Interview date: To Be Confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
We are looking for a motivated Registered Care Manager to join our dedicated team the Southwest community services, this is a permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
Within the service we are particularly proud of the support that is received from family members both past and present. Also, the independence of those we support accessing the community and building on their independence with continues assistance from our wider team.
About the role…
• As the Registered Care Manager you will provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments and/or learning disabilities.
• Registered office is based in Exeter. You will effectively manage services across the Devon area delivering person centred, specialist services that meet organisational standards and expectations.
• Community services to include: Sense Intervenor services and community support workers for both children and adults within the Devon area.
• You will be required, to be registered with the relevant external agencies and maintain compliance.
In return we will offer you…
• £26,125 per annum (Pro Rata)
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Individual to register with CQC as the RCM for the Southwest community services and successfully pass fit person’s process.
• Sound knowledge of person centred planning, rota planning, staff management/development and budget management.
• In order to support Sense’s commitment to high quality, accountable services, you will need to be aware of the expectations of the Health and Social Care Act 2015 and to develop an understanding of Senses’ Quality Assurance system.
• A full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle
• Energy and enthusiasm that will complement our team
• A love of all kinds of activities from football and rambling, to cooking and concerts.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on 0121 415 6753 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation