Children's Community Support Worker
Reference number: 43873
Title: Children's Community Support Worker
Hours: 6 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Monday 6 January 2020
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Interview date: Wednesday 15 January 2020
Are you looking for a role where you can make a real difference in the lives of children and young people?
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Children’s Community Support Worker as part of the ‘Get Out There’ group in Stockport. The ‘Get Out There’ Group Manchester provides support for children and young people who still live at home with their families. We promote communication skills, life skills, mobility and access to the community.
Please take a look at the 'One Page Profile' which can be found in the 'Additional Documentation' at the base of this advert for more information about the 'Get Out There' group.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to support on Thursday evenings 5pm - 7pm, Saturday mornings 9.30am -1.30pm and various 1:1 services in the community.
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will working with children and young people in a person centred way, supporting them to plan activities and develop life skills
• You will work alongside other Support Workers to support each other, share ideas and provide a good support network for families
• Opportunities will be available to support children and young people with complex needs on outings
In return we will offer you…
• £8.50 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• An awareness of multi-sensory and complex needs
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to children and young people’s lives
• Flexibility to meet the needs of the service, this will include working evenings, weekends and during school holidays
• You do not need to have experience for this role, we will provide full training
• Knowledge of BSL or Makaton
• NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care / Caring for Children and young people
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation