Childrens Community Support Worker / Intervenor
Reference number: 43870
Title: Childrens Community Support Worker / Intervenor
Location: Bristol, South Gloucester and Wiltshire
Contract type: Permanent, Casual
Closing date: Friday 20 December 2019
Salary: £9.08 - £10.01 per hour
Interview date: As suitable applications received
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense has a great opportunity for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Childrens Community Support Worker / Intervenor in the South West. This is a permanent role working 19 hours per week across Bristol, South Gloucester and Wiltshire.
About the role…
• A Childrens Community Support Worker/ Intervenor at Sense provides one-to-one support to children and young adults who have been born with sight and hearing impairments (congenital deafblindness), often with additional needs.
• Help the individual to experience and join in the world around them as much as possible. They promote their personal and social development, encourage independence and support their communication.
• This job role will be to support children in Bristol, South Gloucester and Wiltshire and will be based in the community.
• Typical activities will involve supporting the individual to access the community and encourage the child's communication and social interaction.
• Working flexibily across the week including some weekends and must also be available after school (typically two days of 4pm-8pm in Wiltshire and two days 4pm-6.30pm in Bristol) with approx. 12 additional hours during school holiday periods.
In return we will offer you…
• From £9.08 - £10.01 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Flexible approach to situations
• Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times include evenings and some weekends. We will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
• Valid UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
• NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on 0121 415 6753 or via email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines