Reference number: 43863
Title: Team Leader
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Louth, Lincolnshire
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Wednesday 18 December 2019
Salary: Circa £17,500 per annum, pro rata
Interview date: To be confirmed
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Team Leader in Louth. This is a permanent role working 35 hours per week.
About the role…
• As a Team Leader you will supervise other team members to ensure that they are equipped to deliver a quality service to the people they support
• You will also be supporting people with a range of hearing or sight difficulties. Some of the people you support will also have complex needs and learning disabilities
• Supporting people to take part in some of our amazing arts and wellbeing activities – from dance to music making, swimming to rock climbing
• Working times will vary for this role and will include weekends, evenings and sleep-ins
In return we will offer you…
• Salary of circa £17,500 per annum
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities
• Experience of supervising and training staff
• Willing to work towards Level 3 Diploma in health and social care or equivalent
• Willing to work towards BSL level 1
• Working towards Level 4 Diploma in Leadership and Management in health and social care or equivalent
• Hold a full driving licence and able to meet DVLA criteria for driving passenger vehicles
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines