Operations Manager - Social Care
Reference number: 43840
Title: Operations Manager - Social Care
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Bristol, South West
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Monday 9 December 2019
Salary: Up to £38,358 Per Annum
Interview date: To Be Confirmed
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on people’s lives?
We are looking for a dynamic and solution focused Operations Manager to lead a diverse range of services which provide person-centred support to people who have sensory impairments, young people and those with autism and learning disabilities. This is a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week with a salary of up to £38,358 per annum.
About the role…
• This role will be based in Bristol and is to cover in the South West to work in conjunction with the other Operations Manager to ensure a good coverage and excellent support for all the services across the South West, specifically our services in Bristol, Glastonbury and Poole.
• The cover of services will be a shared responsibility and as such the allocation will be part of the discussions with the successful candidate, the other Operations Manager and the Head of Operations.
• The services in the South West are diverse and cover a wide geographic area the successful applicant will be flexible, able to travel, a good role model, have good leadership qualities and able to listen to the people we support - we work in a co-production model and so the views of families and significant others are important to us.
• A high proportion of our services are Outstanding - and we aim to have all rated Outstanding in at least one area, but just as importantly we want everyone we support and their families to rate us as Outstanding in service delivery, responsiveness and being focussed on supporting people to achieve their dreams and the outcomes they want.
• This role will challenge, excite and never be dull with all complexities of working for a vibrant values based organisation, but it will be truly rewarding for the right person.
In return we will offer you…
• Up to £38,358 per annum
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
You could be an experienced social care manager or from a different sector with transferable skills; a social worker, nurse or allied health professional looking for a change of direction and ready for a fresh challenge in a people-centred organisation.
• Passionate about delivering high-quality, person-centred services
• Sound knowledge of person centred planning, rota planning, staff management/development and budget management.
• Relish the opportunity to lead a team of service managers who work hard to ensure that the people we support are enabled to live the lives they want.
• A full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle
• Understanding of a large charitable organisation
• Experience of leading and managing strategic and operational change
• Experience in contributing to writing successful grant proposals and bids
• Demonstrable experience of effective business planning and delivery of services
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on 0121 415 6753 or via email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines