Deputy Care Manager
Reference number: 43808
Title: Deputy Care Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Barnet, London
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Friday 6 December 2019
Salary: £20,084 - £21,400 per annum plus £3090 allowance
Interview date: As suitable applications received
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
We are looking for a motivated Deputy Care Manager to join our dedicated management team at the TouchBase South East Centre, this is a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week.
About the role…
• You will be working with the Day Service Manager and fellow Deputy Care Managers to coordinate the smooth running of the service each day.
• You will be liaising with families, answering emails and queries, managing your workload
• Supervising teams
In return we will offer you…
• £20,084 - £21,400 per annum plus £3090 allowance
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Sound knowledge of person centred planning, rota planning, staff management and development.
• Reliable, motivated person with excellent interpersonal skills
• Dynamic, forward thinking with a passion for mentoring staff in their development
• Must share the values and focus of the organisation, and support the management team to implement stategies and programmes which meet these values
• Energy and enthusiasm that will complement our team
About TouchBase South East …
TouchBase South East is a purpose built centre which is the base for a huge variety of Social activities and education based sessions, it is located within the heart of the local community and is a short walk from our allotment plot and the local high street. We support adults over eighteen who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loss and learning disabilities. Sessions can also be tailor-made to suit individual or group needs.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on 0121 415 6753 or via email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines