Female Support Worker - Bank / Relief / Casual
Reference number: 43805
Title: Female Support Worker - Bank / Relief / Casual
Hours: Variable - Bank / Casual / Relief
Location: Margate, Kent
Contract type: Permanent, Temporary, Casual
Closing date: Monday 16 December 2019
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Interview date: To Be Confirmed
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense has a great opportunity for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Support Worker at our residential service in Margate, Kent. This is a flexible hours contract on a bank / casual / relief basis.
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose
• You will support an individual and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves, live as independently as possible and run their own lives as much as possible
• Supporting people to take part in some of our amazing arts and wellbeing activities – from horse riding, swimming, going to the cinema, going to college and dancing.
• Shifts tend to be either 7am-3pm or 3pm-10pm. We can be flexible with working hours however these hours are based around the needs of the individuals that we support so may be subject to change.
In return we will offer you…
• £8.21 per hour
• Flexible contractable hours
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Plus many more
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends, evenings and sleep ins, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
• For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
• NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
• Valid driving licence
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on 0121 415 6753 or via email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines