Senior Support Worker
Reference number: 43794
Title: Senior Support Worker
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Brent, London
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Friday 27 December 2019
Salary: £23,282 per annum
Interview date: To Be Confirmed
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense has a great opportunity for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Senior Support Worker at our Service in the Brondesbury park area of Brent. This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week
About the role…
• As a Senior Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose
• You will supervise other team members as well as supporting people to be as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be full and active members of society
• You will care and Support in a supported living environment with 24 hour support at the Clement Close supported living scheme.
• Support will be delivered to people who have Sensory needs with the objective of promoting choice and independence to meet their needs.
In return we will offer you…
• £23,282 per annum
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• British Sign Language Level 1
• Willing to work towards Level 3 Diploma in health and social care or equivalent
• Enthusiasm for personal development and attendance at internal training courses
• Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities/Mental Health/Sensory Impairments
• Ability to produce clear written documents
• Ability to practice safe lifting and handling procedures
• A progressive outlook and commitment to equality and diversity issues including disability and the empowerment of deafblind people
• British Sign Language – Level 2 or above
• Working towards Level 4 Diploma in Leadership and Management in health and social care or equivalent.
• Knowledge and experience of visual impairments, hearing impairments, physical disabilities and learning difficulties and mental health needs
• Experience of using any signed or symbolic language including Braille
About Our Home…
Our home is an exciting new development in Brent, consisting of 12 one bed apartments. The flats are spread across two floors of the block, with good communal spaces for resident’s and an office space and staff area. Built on a quiet cul-de-sac in the Brondesbury Park area of Brent. This is an affluent area of the borough with good travel links in a well-developed part of Brent. The flats benefit from a disabled access, open space living space, lift access, carpeted open plan living, level access wet rooms, secure entry system and flexible care and support on site.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please select the 'Additional documentation' link to view the 'Service One Page Profile', this provides more information on the role and the service in which it is based.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: the recruitment team on 0121 415 6753 or via email@example.com
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description