- Providing management, direction and operational leadership, within a defined geographical locality ensuring delivery of innovative and effective services within the budgets available.
- A range of accommodation and community services within a defined geographical area.
- Ensuring with support that the defined geographical locality meets financial targets, complies with Sense standards, quality indicators, all CQC requirements and inspection report recommendations and that all legislative and regulatory requirements are fully met and monitored.
- You will need a strong commitment to Sense’s vision and values and to identifying and overcoming barriers that prevent individuals with complex needs being full and active members of society.
- You will be required to establish, influence, negotiate and build sustainable working relationships both internal and external to Sense.
- It is essential that you are a good communicator who is able to provide leadership and direction to staff and executive as appropriate.
- You should be able to plan, prioritise and deliver to tight timescales, responding flexibly and positively to change and work effectively under pressure.
- You should be able to evidence that your behaviours are outlined in the ‘I’ statements as these are embedded throughout Sense and are a key part of the organisation.
- There is a requirement to take part in an On Call system which is paid in addition to this salary.
Reference number: 43586
Title: Operations Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: East of England
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Monday 7 October 2019
Salary: Circa £33,142 per annum
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are currently recruiting a dynamic and solution focused Operations Manager (Social Care) covering the East of England. This is a full time permanent position working 37.5 hours per week, with a salary of circa £33,142 + a range of benefits.
It is expected that the operational manager will lead a diverse range of services within the East area, with a base office at Market Deeping.
The post holder will be responsible for:
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
Skills and abilities
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Donna Barnes 07966961857. No Agencies Please.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working as a Support Worker at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. It involves completing an online application form, taking part in a value based interview/assessment process and visiting one of our services.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Sense I Statements and the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (linked below) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format for example large print, Braille or audio please contact the Recruitment department on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines