Education Service Manager (Sense College)
- To work with the Deputy ESM or Deputy Service Manager (where in post) and senior college colleagues in demonstrating sound leadership skills to specialist staff in achieving high standards of education provision that fulfils organisational and Ofsted statutory guidance.
- To support centre staff in participating fully in the development of Sense College education, learning and care provision that meets the needs and requirements of learners and external funding authorities.
- To lead the continued success and future development of specialist education, learning and care provision for people with sensory loss/impairment and additional disabilities.
- To ensure that as part of fulfilling learner achievement and development that every opportunity is given to learners to access further education and supported work programmes according to need.
- Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- To work to specified statutory guidance of the organisation, Ofsted, the Education and Skills Funding Agency and Local Authorities.
- To role model and lead effective Safeguarding practice in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education and Sense Safeguarding policies and practice.
- To lead and support person-centred education, learning and care provision that meets the needs of all college learners.
- To ensure the care needs of all learners fully meets the organisational, college and individual requirements.
- To observe, supervise and appraise the performance of staff.
- Level 4 or above teaching qualification or willingness to enrol for one within the first 12 months of being in post
- Relevant degree or higher level qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience in an educational management role
- Experience of curriculum planning and delivery for learners with S.E.N.D
- A minimum of 2 years working with learners with disabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education requirements in an educational environment
Reference number: 43583
Title: Education Service Manager (Sense College)
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Wednesday 2 October 2019
Salary: Circa £26,125 per annum
Interview date: To be confirmed
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team at Sense College as our Education Service Manager
A full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle is an essential requirement for this role
Experience & Key Skills Required:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact email@example.com
No agencies please.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the Recruitment department on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines