- Providing line management to service managers, leading a culture of creativity and innovation, to deliver outstanding services.
- Contributing to, and delivering, organisational strategy including growing services.
- Understanding of the external influences on the delivery of Sense services
- Ensuring with support, that the locality meets financial targets and complies with Sense standards and quality indicators.
- You will guarantee that CQC requirements and inspection report recommendations are met and exceeded.
- Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in the Health and Social Care Sector.
- You will be an excellent communicator who is able to provide leadership and direction to staff at all levels of the organisation.
- You will have the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver to tight timescales, responding flexibly and positively to change.
- You must be able to analyse complex information, be solution focussed -creative with a can do attitude.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
- The services in the South West are diverse and cover a wide geographic area, the successful applicant will be flexible, and able to travel.
- An excellent role model, with good leadership qualities and able to listen to the people we support - we work in a co-production model and so the views of families and significant others are very important to us.
- We’re looking for someone who can commit to Sense’s values and advocate for the individuals we support. It would be an advantage if you had experience of working with people with multisensory impairment and other complex needs.
Reference number: 43574
Title: Operations Manager
Location: South West of England
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Monday 23 September 2019
Salary: £38,358 per annum
Interview date: Monday 7 October 2019
Sense are currently recruiting for a dynamic and solution focused Operations Manager to work across the South West of England. This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week. As the Operational Manager, you will lead a diverse range of accommodation and community services. This role requires flexibility and willingness to travel within the UK and may include overnight stays.
You will work in conjunction with other Operations Managers to ensure excellent support for all the services across the South West including Registered Residential Care Homes, Supported Living services, Communicator guides, Intervenor and Community Support. Sense are very proud in that a high proportion of our services are rated as Outstanding with the Care Quality Commission.
You will be responsible for:
For a full list of duties and a person specification, please see the job description attached below.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Anne Lawn via Anne.Lawn@Sense.org.uk or via 07572328904.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application; CVs will not be considered. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format for example large print, Braille or audio please contact the HR department on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation